Due to lack of time, I have stopped adding content and maintaining the "Carmel Valley, San Diego" website. Please see the Carmel Valley News site (delmartimes.net) or the Carmel Valley Friends of the Library site (carmelvalleylibrary.org) for community information. Thanks!
See the City's Carmel Valley Planning Board page (https://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/carmelvalley) or the City's Carmel Valley Library page (https://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/locations/carmel-valley-library) for additional information.
Here are the links to all the chapters in the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) presented by Kilroy to the City. The comment period ends on
May 14, 2012 extended to May 29, 2012, a 60 day review period.
DEIR Executive Summary
Here is just the Executive Summary of the DEIR, which provides a draft overview of the findings.
The DEIR discusses amendments to the Precise Plan and the PDO. NOTE that comments to these documents get sent to a different place than the DEIR comments, in this case, to Bernie Turgeon, Senior Planner. Please read the Distribution Memo Document for complete information on commenting on the Precise Plan and PDO amendments. Comments to these documents are also due May 29, 2012.
NOTE: If you want the original PDO or Precise Plan, go to the Planning Board's Document Page.
Here are the proposed amendments:
- City of San Diego's Carmel Valley Documents Page
- Precise Plan and PDO Distribution Memo - Document that describes the process and gives information on how to comment on the proposed Community Plan Amendment.
- Carmel Valley Neighborhood 2 Precise Plan Amendment - This is the Precise Plan Amendment for the employment center, which gives detailed planning information for the project. This includes a history of the site and vision for the development, land use, mobility, design guidelines, landscape guidelines, public facilities, services and safety, and implementation details.
- Carmel Valley Planned District Ordinance (PDO) Amendment - This is a document that provides detailed information on the new land-use "zone" being created for One Paseo, which includes specifics on what can be done on the property, building heights, and other details of the development.
Here are links to the indivdual DEIR files:
These files are the actual DEIR documents, as distributed by the City. The contents of each document are listed, along with their page location within the PDF file. For instance, "p. 66 of 82" is a reference to the 66th page in the pdf file that is 82 pages long.
Note: Information on submitting a comment to the DEIR is contained in the first document, the Draft EIR Public Notice. See this document about submitting comments. Comments are due May 29, 2012.
- Draft EIR Public Notice - The review ends: May 14, 2012
- Draft EIR Part 1 of 9: Contains the DEIR Cover letter (p. 1 of 82), DEIR Cover and Table of Contents (p. 19 of 82), DEIR Executive Summary (p. 37 of 82), DEIR Section 1 - Introduction (p. 66 of 82), DEIR Section 2 - Environmental Setting (p. 73 of 82).
- Draft EIR Part 2 of 9: Contains DEIR Section 3 - Project Description (p. 1 of 15).
- Draft EIR Part 3 of 9: Contains DEIR Section 3 - Project Description, continued (p. 1 of 15).
- Draft EIR Part 4 of 9: Contains DEIR Section 4 - History of Project Changes (p. 1 of 147), DEIR Section 5 - Environmental Analysis (p. 4 of 147). Note: Environmental Analysis section 5.1 LAND USE - p. 5.
- Draft EIR Part 5 of 9: Contains DEIR Section 5 - Environmental Analysis, continued (p. 1 of 93). Note: Environmental Analysis section 5.2 TRANSPORTATION / CIRCULATION / PARKING - p. 2.
- Draft EIR Part 6 of 9: Contains DEIR Section 5 - Environmental Analysis, continued (p. 1 of 19). Note: Environmental Analysis section 5.3 VISUAL EFFECTS AND NEIGHBORHOOD CHARACTER - p. 2.
- Draft EIR Part 7 of 9: Contains DEIR Section 5 - Environmental Analysis, continued (p. 1 of 39). Note: Environmental Analysis section 5.3 VISUAL EFFECTS AND NEIGHBORHOOD CHARACTER continued - p. 2.
- Draft EIR Part 8 of 9: Contains DEIR Section 5 - Environmental Analysis, continued (p. 1 of 29). Note: Environmental Analysis section 5.4 NOISE - p. 2.
- Draft EIR Part 9 of 9: Contains DEIR Section 5 - Environmental Analysis, continued (p. 1 of 267), Note: Environmental Analysis section 5.5 AIR QUALITY - p. 2, section 5.6 ENERGY - p. 30, section 5.7 GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS - p. 68, section 5.8 PALEONTOLOGICAL RESOURCES - p. 98, section 5.9 BIOLOGICAL RESOURCES - p. 106, section 5.10 HYDROLOGY / WATER QUALITY - p. 110, section 5.11 PUBLIC UTILITIES - p. 133, section 5.12 PUBLIC SERVICES AND FACILITIES / RECREATION - p. 149, section 5.13 HEALTH AND SAFETY - p. 158, section 5.14 HISTORICAL RESOURCES - p. 166. , DEIR Section 6 - Cumulative Impacts (p. 176 of 267), DEIR Section 7 - Mitigation, Monitoring, and Reporting Program (p. 190 of 267), DEIR Section 8 - Effects Found Not to be Significant (p. 209 of 267), DEIR Section 9 - Significant Environmental Effects Which Cannot Be Avoided (p. 214 of 267), DEIR Section 10 - Significant Irreversible Environmental Changes (p. 219 of 267), DEIR Section 11 - Growth Inducement (p. 222 of 267), DEIR Section 12 - Alternatives (p. 225 of 267), DEIR Section 13 - References (p. 250 of 267), DEIR Section 14 - Individuals and Organizations Consulted (p. 261 of 267), DEIR Section 15 - Certifications / Qualifications (p. 264 of 267).
- Draft EIR Apps Part 1: Appendix A - Notice of Preparation and Public Comments (p. 1 of 118), Appendix B - Retail Market Analysis (p. 72 of 118).
- Draft EIR Apps Part 2: Appendix C - Traffic Impact Analysis (p. 1 of 435), Appendix D - Shared Parking Analysis (p. 335 of 435), Appendix E - Sight Visibility Analysis (p. 395 of 435).
- Draft EIR Apps Part 3: Appendix F - Acoustical Report (p. 1 of 822), Appendix G - Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Technical Report (p. 80 of 822).
- Draft EIR Apps Part 4: Appendix H - Drainage Study (p. 1 of 159), Appendix I - Water Quality Technical Report (p. 32 of 159), Appendix J - Water Supply Assessment and Water Supply Verification (p. 98 of 159), Appendix K - Water Study (p. 139 of 159).
- Draft EIR Apps Part 5: Appendix L - Sewer Study (p. 1 of 96), Appendix M - Waste Management Plan (p. 18 of 96).
- Draft EIR Apps Part 6: Appendix N - Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (p. 1 of 158).
- Draft EIR Apps Part 7: Appendix O - Report of Geotechnical Investigation and Existing Fill Evaluation (p. 1 of 219), Appendix P - Preliminary Geotechnical Investigation (p. 81 of 219).
Here's the new DEIR traffic appendicies:
- Traffic Appendix A
- Traffic Appendix B
- Traffic Appendix C
- Traffic Appendix D
- Traffic Appendix E
- Traffic Appendix F
- Traffic Appendix G
- Traffic Appendix H
- Traffic Appendix I
- Traffic Appendix J
- Traffic Appendix K
- Traffic Appendix L
- Traffic Appendix M
- Traffic Appendix N
- Traffic Appendix O
- Traffic Appendix P
- Traffic Appendix Q
- Traffic Appendix R
- Traffic Appendix S
- Traffic Appendix T
- Traffic Appendix U
City of San Diego Official List of DEIR Documents
This takes you to the City's page of documents, which is hard to use! PLEASE, use the above links!